Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sports Theme Birthday Cupcakes


This week my nephew turned 2 years old! He had a sports theme birthday party. So, I made these cupcakes with footballs, baseballs, and basketballs made out of fondant. These are red velvet cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes with whipped ganache. I love making ganache, so I thought I'd share the simple recipe for you below. I also made some caramel mocha cupcakes, which ended up to be my nephew's favorite of all.  Happy birthday Joziah!

Ganache frosting:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate (you could also use dark, bittersweet, or mildlysweet)
1 cup heavy whipping cream

In a double boiler melt chocolate with cream. Cool, and then whip with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. And, that's it! Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. Omg i LOVE your cupcakes!! You are sooo creative!! I wish i have time to learn how to do fondant. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete